Luke at 3 years:
~Luke is our sweet, silly, mischievous, creative, happy, lovable little boy.
~There's never a dull moment with him. He makes us laugh all day--and he even cracks himself up! Luke says the silliest things and uses hilarious voices (my faves are his pirate and dragon voice). The other day he was hiding under Cate's crib while I was changing her diaper, and he peaked his head out with his finger shaped like a hook and said "I'm a pirate, and I have your treasure." in his best pirate voice. And then he busted out laughing.
~Two and half was a very difficult age with Luke. Very difficult. Not sure if it was the age or Cate being here or the new house (or all those things rolled into one), but he was hard to manage. He was into EVERYTHING, had lots of tantrums, defiant, wouldn't share with his friends, etc... He needed lots of attention...and lots of time-outs. Thankfully I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So far three years old has been SO much better. When we ask him to do something, he'll say "Okay Mommy/Daddy" and actually do it! We don't have to battle over things as much. My favorite thing that he does is if we ask him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, he'll say "No thanks". For example, this week he got up at 4am (no joke), and I told him he needed to go back to bed, and he said "no thanks, mommy, no thanks." HA! He still has the occasional meltdown, but they usually coincide with him being tired (like when he gets up at 4am!).
~He's a great napper, but not the best night-sleeper. No surprise there. He's never been a good night sleeper. When we moved this summer, he had a really hard time adjusting to his new room and new big boy bed. But now Cory puts him to bed, says his prayers, and leaves the room. This is a HUGE accomplishment! He'll lay in bed and play with his stuffed animals until he goes to sleep. Occasionally he wakes up in the middle of the night, but he'll go right back to his bed. He was waking up 2-3 times a night after we moved. But this child is an EARLY-riser. I'm talking 5am or 5:30am. Seriously. If we are super lucky, he'll sleep til 6am, but that's a rare treat. And when he's up, he's ready for the day!
~Luke says the sweetest prayers each night. He always prays for his friends, horses, and Ralph (our dog). Every night. He also usually prays for his Pop Pop who has had two surgeries recently. I love hearing him talk to God. He's starting to learn about the gifts God gives us--he still talks about how God sent the snow a few weeks ago after we prayed for more snow.
~Luke loves doing art projects and anything where he gets really messy. His favorite thing to do is paint, and of course he paints his entire body.
~Luke wears some 2T clothes and is moving more to 3T. He's got Cory's build--long and skinny. So he needs 3T pants for the length, but 2T in the waist. His 3T pants will not stay up--even with the adjustable waist. I think he'll be able to wear most of clothes from last summer so that's great! And actually we weighed him this week and he weighed 29 pounds. He's only gained 2 pounds in the past year.
~He's still very much a momma's boy. He's always been, and I LOVE it. He needs his mommy snuggle time during the day, and sometimes he just needs me to hold him. I don't mind one bit! If I'm holding Cate, and he wants me to hold him, he'll tell me to put sissy in the exersaucer so I can hold him.
~Luke is obsessed with dragons right now. I don't know if he's scared of them or if he really likes them, but he talks about them a lot. It's probably both. One day he looked up at the ceiling and told me there were dragons in the attic, and he was acting like they were going to fall out of the attic door and get him. But then other days he'll tell me he wants the dragons to come to his house to play with him. He also really likes robots, dinosaurs, and Mickey Mouse.
~He's constantly talking about who he wants to come to his house to play. Included are all his friends, Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pete, dragons, robots, horses, elephants, giraffes, and every dog he sees.
~He loves Cate so much, but he also gets annoyed with her. He doesn't like her touching his toys and him unless he initiates it. But he's always kissing her and rubbing her head. And he tries to do the grown up things that we do. Like today I walked away for 30 seconds and came back to find him sticking the nasal aspirator in her nose sucking out her snot. We had to have a discussion about things that only mommy and daddy can do!
~He loves going to preschool and his class at church. And his teachers always talk about how good and sweet he is. Luke has lots of sweet little friends--his best friends are Cooke and Landon. He talks about them all the time.
I can't believe how big our sweet Luke is now, and we find so much joy in watching him grow and seeing his little personality develop. I'm so blessed to be his mommy!
~There's never a dull moment with him. He makes us laugh all day--and he even cracks himself up! Luke says the silliest things and uses hilarious voices (my faves are his pirate and dragon voice). The other day he was hiding under Cate's crib while I was changing her diaper, and he peaked his head out with his finger shaped like a hook and said "I'm a pirate, and I have your treasure." in his best pirate voice. And then he busted out laughing.
~Two and half was a very difficult age with Luke. Very difficult. Not sure if it was the age or Cate being here or the new house (or all those things rolled into one), but he was hard to manage. He was into EVERYTHING, had lots of tantrums, defiant, wouldn't share with his friends, etc... He needed lots of attention...and lots of time-outs. Thankfully I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So far three years old has been SO much better. When we ask him to do something, he'll say "Okay Mommy/Daddy" and actually do it! We don't have to battle over things as much. My favorite thing that he does is if we ask him to do something and he doesn't want to do it, he'll say "No thanks". For example, this week he got up at 4am (no joke), and I told him he needed to go back to bed, and he said "no thanks, mommy, no thanks." HA! He still has the occasional meltdown, but they usually coincide with him being tired (like when he gets up at 4am!).
~He's a great napper, but not the best night-sleeper. No surprise there. He's never been a good night sleeper. When we moved this summer, he had a really hard time adjusting to his new room and new big boy bed. But now Cory puts him to bed, says his prayers, and leaves the room. This is a HUGE accomplishment! He'll lay in bed and play with his stuffed animals until he goes to sleep. Occasionally he wakes up in the middle of the night, but he'll go right back to his bed. He was waking up 2-3 times a night after we moved. But this child is an EARLY-riser. I'm talking 5am or 5:30am. Seriously. If we are super lucky, he'll sleep til 6am, but that's a rare treat. And when he's up, he's ready for the day!
~Luke says the sweetest prayers each night. He always prays for his friends, horses, and Ralph (our dog). Every night. He also usually prays for his Pop Pop who has had two surgeries recently. I love hearing him talk to God. He's starting to learn about the gifts God gives us--he still talks about how God sent the snow a few weeks ago after we prayed for more snow.
~Luke loves doing art projects and anything where he gets really messy. His favorite thing to do is paint, and of course he paints his entire body.
~Luke wears some 2T clothes and is moving more to 3T. He's got Cory's build--long and skinny. So he needs 3T pants for the length, but 2T in the waist. His 3T pants will not stay up--even with the adjustable waist. I think he'll be able to wear most of clothes from last summer so that's great! And actually we weighed him this week and he weighed 29 pounds. He's only gained 2 pounds in the past year.
~He's still very much a momma's boy. He's always been, and I LOVE it. He needs his mommy snuggle time during the day, and sometimes he just needs me to hold him. I don't mind one bit! If I'm holding Cate, and he wants me to hold him, he'll tell me to put sissy in the exersaucer so I can hold him.
~Luke is obsessed with dragons right now. I don't know if he's scared of them or if he really likes them, but he talks about them a lot. It's probably both. One day he looked up at the ceiling and told me there were dragons in the attic, and he was acting like they were going to fall out of the attic door and get him. But then other days he'll tell me he wants the dragons to come to his house to play with him. He also really likes robots, dinosaurs, and Mickey Mouse.
~He's constantly talking about who he wants to come to his house to play. Included are all his friends, Mickey Mouse, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Pete, dragons, robots, horses, elephants, giraffes, and every dog he sees.
~He loves Cate so much, but he also gets annoyed with her. He doesn't like her touching his toys and him unless he initiates it. But he's always kissing her and rubbing her head. And he tries to do the grown up things that we do. Like today I walked away for 30 seconds and came back to find him sticking the nasal aspirator in her nose sucking out her snot. We had to have a discussion about things that only mommy and daddy can do!
~He loves going to preschool and his class at church. And his teachers always talk about how good and sweet he is. Luke has lots of sweet little friends--his best friends are Cooke and Landon. He talks about them all the time.
I can't believe how big our sweet Luke is now, and we find so much joy in watching him grow and seeing his little personality develop. I'm so blessed to be his mommy!


No comments:
Post a Comment