Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas Eve

 I love Christmas Eve almost as much as Christmas Day.  We have so many fun and meaningful family traditions that we've started over the past couple of years.


My sweet babies by the Christmas tree.  Luke actually loves holding Cate for pictures--he asked to hold her and take a picture!  Big change from the past couple of months when he would run from the camera!


 
We made these adorable reindeer pancakes! 
 Luke was super excited about the pancakes!
 And we let Luke open one present that morning. I love older Fisher Price Little People toys.  They made so many great toys back in the day, and they are built to last.  Luke loves all his Little People toys (the Noah's ark, the pirate ship, the garage, fire station, and barn) so when  I saw this Discovery Village on ebay, I knew he would absolutely love it!  The road spins, and the see saw moves on it's own, and the people talk to each other.  It's really neat.
 
 He played with it nonstop all day.
 Cate got to play with the bow from his present--and she was SO happy!   She's so easy to please!
 That night we went to the Christmas Eve service at our church.  I was the only one that cared about taking a picture! Ha!
 When we got home we had a yummy pot roast dinner and had a little birthday party for Jesus.  This is the easiest way to help Luke understand why we celebrate Christmas.  We want to keep the emphasis on Jesus and not on Santa or getting presents.  Luke loved singing happy birthday to Jesus and reading his books about the baby Jesus.
We had a great day together as a family!

No comments: