Saturday, December 24, 2011

The other morning, Luke wanted to 'do a craft'.  So I was trying to think of something that we've never done before.  And I remember making "oobleck" when I taught first grade, and knew Luke would love it!

 
 Oobleck is a mixture of cornstarch and water.  It goes along with a Dr. Suess book about Ooblecks, and what's really neat about it is that it's both a solid and a liquid.  It looks like a liquid and pours like a liquid, but when you touch it, it's hard.  It's the strangest thing ever!  If you've never made it, you must!  I had just as much fun playing with it as Luke! 
 Luke loves helping pour and stir things in the kitchen so this was perfect for him!  There was a little bit more mess, but that's okay!

We played with the oobleck for a good 30 minutes which is a really long time for a two year old boy!

1 comment:

Erica Simpson said...

Now we have to try that!!!!