Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day couldn't have been any better!  Cory worked extra hard to give me everything I wanted and needed for the day.  I've been so tired and worn out because of Luke's crazy sleeping habits--not to mention tired from the pregnancy!  So I got to sleep in which is the greatest gift I could ever get these days!  And Cory and Luke made the best breakfast ever--omelets, bacon, fruit, and monkey bread. 
That morning we went to a different church (where we sometimes will go on Sunday nights) to celebrate Mother's Day with some of our best friends!

 Johnathan and Brooke shared their journey to parenthood in a video at church, and then the church prayed over sweet baby Hudson.  Brooke and Johnathan waited and prayed for over three years for a sweet baby, and I must say Hudson is such an answered prayer in every way! Here's a link to Brooke's blog if you want to read up on their story:
http://jbakin.blogspot.com/
And here's the video they made.  Watch it with a tissue in hand!
Luke got to see one of his best friends, Mason at church!  They gave each other the sweetest hugs and then walked out of church hand in hand!
Me and my sweet baby boy

After church I got to take a nap which again is the best gift I could have gotten!  Can you tell I'm extra tired between the pregnancy and Luke not sleeping well at night because of the new bed situation?!  Then we went and had the yummiest dinner at Olive Garden.  Oh, and Luke went to bed at 5pm that night.  No joke.  He was extra tired too, I guess!

No comments: