Luke has been talking so much lately that I just had to write down some of our favorite things he says and does at this age so I can remember them. One of my good friends asked me this week what solid food we started feeding Luke first, and I couldn't even remember! So I looked back on the blog for the answer--and that's why I blog!
~Luke's constantly asking "What's this?" about EVERYTHING! Even things that he knows what they are. He just loves to hear us say the name, I guess. And his newest question is "What do, momma?" or "What do, dadda?" as in what are you doing? We hear that one just as much as "what's this?" I love it!
~Every single morning as soon as Luke wakes up, we have this conversation with him:
Luke: "momma, dadda, where's Ralph?" (our dog)
Us: "He's downstairs sleeping."
Luke: "Sleeping? Sleepy Ralph."
Yesterday when Cory was sleeping, Luke called him "Sleepy Daddy" So cute!
~He loves to name things around the house or outside and who they belong to--maybe because he thinks almost everything belongs to him right now. So he sorts our shoes by 'momma shoes', 'dadda shoes', and 'Luke shoes'. When he sees the laundry, he tells me what's 'Luke's shorts or shirts' and sometimes he'll even find something that belongs to "sissy"! When we're in the parking lot, he always screams, "I see mommys car!"
~Luke has to say bye to everything when we're leaving the house, church, etc... He'll say "bye house", "bye trees", "bye rocks", "bye Ralph", "bye grass" and on and on. And when we leave church he always says, "bye church", "bye everybody".
~He's very interested in animals and what they eat. When he sees a bird, he tell us that "birds eat worms" or "ducks eat bread". We have many conversations about worms ever since he saw one on the porch--"Momma eat worms?" he said! No, sorry Luke.
~Luke's super polite! He almost always says "pease" when he wants something and we're working on him saying "tank you" everytime too. He also says "s'cuse me" to get around us.
Although this season in Luke's life is very challenging, it's also so much fun! I love to hear what new thing he's going to say each day. And he always keeps us laughing! And a good laugh makes us forget whatever tantrum he's just had or what mischief he's just gotten into!


No comments:
Post a Comment