More in the adventures of Mr. Mischievious!
I have to blog about all of these crazy things so I can look back and laugh one day! And when Luke has a crazy two year old of his own one day, I can talk about pay-back!
Luke's been waking up super early now that he's in the big boy bed--like around 5am. Cory and I get up at 6 to get ready for the day, and neither of us are willing to be up at 5! So we usually bring Luke in our bed and try to get him to snuggle and 'hopefully' go back to sleep. Usually Luke ends up sitting on our faces, tickling us, kissing us, biting us, and yelling "get up! get up!" over and over. So this morning we asked him if he wanted to snuggle or go back to his bed. And he said he wanted his bed. So we put him in his room with the gate on the door so he was confined to his room. To his credit, he played with his toys very quietly for a long time (for a 2 year old), and then we heard noises that didn't sound like toys...
This is a picture of what Luke's window has looked like for 2 1/2 years.
And this is what we found him doing this morning...
He had taken the curtains down...along with the curtain rod. Screws and all.
I'm not really sure how it all came down, but I have a few ideas!
(Ignore his mismatched jammies! Cory likes to reach in the drawer and find the first two things he sees to put on Luke!)
A morning in the life of Luke...
I didn't take a picture, but it is a blog-worthy incident. Yesterday during Luke's "naptime", he really didn't want to take a nap although he desperately needed one. I left him in his room to play and hopefully fall asleep. After awhile, I heard him calling to me, "momma, please I want down." which was different from the usual "momma I want out." So I went in there to check on him, and he was sitting ON top of his tall dresser! He had pulled all the drawers out to make stairs so he could climb up to the top. Not to mention that he had emptied all the drawers to be able to do this. He gave me yet another heart attack! We're trying to figure out a way to baby proof the drawer, but can't seem to find anything that will work. Have I mentioned we have our hands full??




3 comments:
ANDREA!!!!!!!!!! This tops all of the stories. The curtains and the climbing to the TOP of the dresser! Oh my! Girl! That Luke!!! I feel for you, but I am loving the entertainment! ;)
WOW! You do have your hands full!!! Even with three boys, I haven't experienced any of that. :) You will enjoy looking back on this and laughing one day!
You DO have your hands full! It's so hard not to smile at the look of pure joy on his face though!
Post a Comment