Monday, May 2, 2011

22 weeks!

I just realized that I haven't taken any belly pictures of this pregnancy (gasp!)  I think it's because by the time Cory gets home to take a picture, I'm so tired from chasing Luke all day that I really don't want any pictures of me!  But I forced myself to take one tonight.
I really feel like my belly has doubled over the past few weeks, but I guess that's because baby girl is really growing now! She's about 11 inches long and weighs a little over a pound.  We get to have ultrasounds every 3 to 4 weeks now to make sure she's continuing to grow at a normal rate (Luke was considered a low-birth weight baby so my OB wants to make sure it doesn't happen again).  So I'll get to see sweet baby girl in two weeks on the ultrasound.  When we went two weeks ago for the 20 week ultrasound, she was sucking her thumb the whole time! 
We've decided on her first name, but are still having trouble with the middle name.  I keep coming back to this one name for her middle name and Cory likes it too so I'm about 80% sure that's what it will be but I'm not ready to announce that part of her name yet!
But I will say that her first name is going to be....
Cate
That's always been our girl name, and I'm so excited that we get to use it. 

As far as this pregnancy goes, I feel really good now!  Apart from being tired all the time, I'm feeling like a normal person!  With Luke I was throwing up until week 25, and with Cate, I stopped getting sick after week 13.  That was definitely an answered prayer!  Something that's also different with this pregnancy is my cravings.  With Luke, I had no cravings--only severe food aversions.  If I even thought about seafood, blueberries, or lemons, I would imediately run to the bathroom and throw up.  I couldn't eat any of those things until at least a year after Luke was born too.  With Cate, I've had no aversions thankfully, but I've had lots of varying cravings.  It's been really random, but I've craved things that I rarely eat--hamburgers and mexican (although we eat that one more often). 

Luke is excited about having a sister--he said he was getting a sister the whole pregnancy, and he was right!  Whenever I get a dress or something pink for Cate, I always ask him who it's for and without even giving him any hints he says "That's sissy's!"  I love it!  And if we ask him where Cate is, he lifts up my shirt and points to my belly.  And from time to time he'll kiss my belly!  I know he's going to be such a good big brother!  He has such a caring heart!
I can't wait for baby Cate to get here so we can love on her and get to know this perfect addition to our family!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the name Cate! So pretty!

Blessed said...

Well, you know I love Cate! Adorable. :)

Love you!

Pauliwog said...

awww...you are so cute! I am so excited for ya'll. How fun you and Ape 2 little boys...and now 2 little girls!

sorry that I missed wishing you a happy birthday! I thought of you...things have been crazy around here the last couple weeks....we finally got internet back last night...I am so over these summer storms!! Love ya! Hope that you had a wonderful birthday!!

Leigh Anne said...

Awh....you are having a girl! That is such great news, and I love her name and the way you are spelling it!