Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm a few days late on posting this, but Luke officially turned 19 months on Saturday!
At 19 months:
~The biggest change this month is in Luke's vocabulary! Everyday he says new words, and it's so fun to hear him try to repeat words! He has a few sentences that he says ALL the time like "I see..." He'll point to something and say, "I see a dog." "I see a door." "I see daddy." "I see a boat." and on and on. I love hearing him talk! He also learned how to say,"I don't know." We have this conversation alot: I'll ask him a question and he'll say "I don't know." and then I'll say "You don't know?" and he'll repeat himself in the cutest voice, "don't know."
~He's definitely a climber. Luke will climb on anything. Just the other day he climbed in his rocking chair in his room and then climbed up on the dresser. And then fell off the dresser. Not good. And yesterday at the library, he was ::this close:: to climbing IN the fountain outside. He probably would have suceeded if I didn't stop him!
~Luke loves animals and he thinks all of them need a hug.
~He's still taking two naps a day! And I'm not ready for that to change! He doesn't sleep that well at night so maybe he's making up for it with his naps.
~Luke is officially paci-free! I think he's been without it for a month now. There have been quite a few times that I really wished we still used it, but there's no looking back now! It is nice to not have to lug that thing around everywhere!
~Now that he's without his paci, his favorite snuggle time friend is a little stuffed dog. I bought two of them--one for here and one for school. He loves carrying it around and kissing it.
~When he gets tired, he starts acting out. It's really easy to know when he needs a nap, because he either starts hitting and being mean or he becomes really mischeivious. Not my favorite time of the day... We immediately head to his room for a nap!
~He loves to laugh, make people laugh, and be silly! His favorite things are to be tickled, play chase, and peekaboo.
~Luke started school this week and loves it! His teachers say he's happy all day long which makes my heart happy too! I think he likes being around 11 new friends for 5 hours too!
~Luke weighs 25lbs and is 33in tall. He's definitely looking more and more like a big boy these days!
~He still loves a good snuggle when he wakes up and before bedtime. And he gives the best hugs right when we get him from his crib.
~He'll always be our sweet little Lukie-bear (no matter how big he gets!) and he makes everyday better than the day before!

No comments: