Tuesday, May 4, 2010

15 months!

At 15 months:





~Luke is walking (almost running) everywhere. He goes non-stop all day long. I rarely see him crawl anymore, and it amost looks weird when he does!




~He doesn't really care about any toys right now. He's loves getting into everything that's not a toy--the dishwasher, cabinets, and the toilet (we really need to buy a baby proof thing for that cause he knows how to lift up the seat and he goes to town splashing until I RUN to get him out of it.) He does however love his water table. We could play on the patio all day long and Luke would be perfectly happy.




~Luke's becoming a picky eater. I can't complain too much because I know who he gets it from... This week for example, he only wanted to eat fruit, yogurt, and cheese--no meat, no veggies. And if we try to feed him something he doesn't like, he starts gagging. It's the most dramatic thing you've ever seen. He's going to be one of those kids who makes himself throw up just so he doesn't have to eat something. What a stinker. Oh, and he hates cow's milk. That makes him gag too. So our little stinker is still making us buy expensive formula. But at least it's full of vitamins, right! Even if we give him mostly formula with a little bit of milk mixed in, he drinks a little and spits it all out. He can be a bit of a drama king at eating time. He never says no to cheese, yogurt, strawberries, grapes, or oranges.


~Luke loves being around his friends. He gets so excited that he squeals and squeeks when he's running around with them. It's the funniest sound, but at least we know he's enjoying every minute. He's really good at sharing his toys too which makes my heart so happy. He willingly gives his toys to his friends or to us so we can play too.




~Luke is really starting to understand things we tell him and can follow verbal directions. He knows how to "close the door" which is his favorite thing to do. And when I ask if he wants to go outside, he squeals and runs to the door. If I say "last bite" when he's eating, he holds up both empty hands like he's saying "where did it go"--one of my favorites! He also gives hugs and kisses when we ask for them! And he really loves giving hugs to Elmo. We'll say 'go give Elmo a hug" and he'll go find his Elmo doll and cuddle with it. He does the same thing to Ralph!




~He loves making us laugh! Luke will do the silliest things over and over just for a laugh. I love it. He keeps me laughing all day long!




~Luke has five teeth--two on the bottom and three on top. And he loves getting his teeth brushed!

~Luke wears 12-18 month clothes, depending on what it is. Mostly 18m though.


~Luke is finally sleeping through night. Never thought I'd actually write that. It only took him 15 months! And he's a great napper (just like his mommy!). He takes 2-3 naps a day depending on our schedule. He's really flexible and goes with the flow as far as naps go which I really appreciate.
~Luke never has time to stop and smile for pictures. It used to be so easy to get a picture of his face. From now on, you will probably one see pictures of the side of his face or the back of his head. Enjoy.

~Some other things that Luke loves: dogs, older kids, milkshakes, snuggling when he's tired, playing in the refridgerator, laughing, tickles, books before naptime, dancing and singing, getting into mischief and laughing about it, being chased, watching someone juggle, being outside, and good long nap.


~Every day I'm more and more amazed by him, and I thank God each day for blessing us with our baby boy.

2 comments:

The Kinards said...

I can't believe he is already 15 months. He is such an adorable little boy! It seems like Marissa was that age....that is when Eric left. He isn't going to recognize her! So glad that Luke is sleeping through the night. It took us about that long too!! I know you are relieved!

I may be ordering a night light here soon. I was waiting to get the fabric from my friend that matches her "custom bedding", but not sure if the leftover scraps will be big enough. Would it be possible to have it by May 14th? If not, its okay.
Email me or I'll email you about fabric choices.
Amy

April Kay said...

NO!!!! He is NOT 15 months already!?!?! That is way too old!!! Love him and can't wait to see him on Saturday! He'll have to show off his mad water table skills at the cool surfer dude party!! :)