Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Please continue to keep the city of Nashville and all the Nashvillians in your prayers. The destruction caused by the flooding is indescribable. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about how much was lost during this disaster. But you have never seen a city come together to help neighbors, friends, family, and total strangers more than what has happened here these past few days. It makes me so proud to call this city home.

Downtown Nashville underwater
The Opryland Hotel was also flooded with over 9 feet of water. It makes me SO sad to see these pictures. This is one of the most beautiful hotels in the world and now it is completely destroyed by water. I have so many wonderful memories of this place!
The hotel flooded by the Cumberland River
This is a picture of the last time I was at the Opryland Hotel back in February when Cory's mom and Bob were in town. Hard to believe it's going to be closed for months and months now...

3 comments:

Pauliwog said...

Andy, I just cannot get over how bad the flooding was. You just never think of Nashville as somewhere that might flood like that...although it makes sense with the Cumberland River flowing through town. I was absolutely shocked when mom told me that the whole city was under water. I know what you mean about the flooding/flood damage bringing tears to your eyes. I felt the same way about Mobile/Mississippi/Louisiana after Katrina when we lived down there and saw all of the destruction first hand. I hate to see the Opryland hotel and the other Nashville landmarks under water!!! Are they going to rebuild/restore any of them? Definitely praying for you and Nashville. I am SO thankful that you and my parents were spared, but so sad for those that it affected more directly. Miss you and thinking of you dear friend!!!

andreabrosto said...

Well, Paula, I heard on the news yesterday that the are planning on repairing the Opryland Hotel, but don't expect it to be complete until the holidays. wow. Did you see on fb that the piranhas are loose in Opry Mills from the aquarium restaurant? And I think the sting rays may be too. That's insane! Glad your parents are safe too. I had heard that Pettus was closed, but maybe it was the other pettus road. Miss you!

Blessed said...

I am so sad to see all of the destruction, and especially the pictures of Opryland Hotel. I guess because we were engaged there and have so many memories, but also because it just looks so eerie and unbelievable. I just can't imagine how they will repair all of that. It's so sad. Praying for everyone there right now, and wish we were closer to be able to help. What can everyone who is not local do? Money and prayers? Are there a lot of volunteer projects going on at the churches there?