Rain, rain, go away! We have been bombarded with rain this weekend. It's unbelievable! We've been glued to the news for the past 24 hours watching the interstates and roads become flooded and impassible. At one point we watched a school portable/trailer float down the interstate--and that was less than 5 miles from our house! Luckily we live on a big hill so we are safe. But it seems like everyone we know is 'flooded in" their house!
I borrowed this picture from a friend--this intersection is just a few miles away--and it's a pretty big intersection!
We did try to make it to church this morning (only because it was our turn to keep the nursery) and it was SOOOO scary. We were driving up on the curbs and on the opposite side of the street (6 lane roads!) just to avoid massive puddles of water. Needless to say, we turned around and came home.


3 comments:
Oh my! Looks like our neck of the woods too! Glad you guys are okay!
Glad you are OK. LOVE in the last pic of Lukie! Adorable. Frame it!!!
Andy, I am SO glad to hear that ya'll are ok. Zack and I were out of town and out of touch with the rest of the world this weekend. So, I was shocked when mom told me that ya'll had gotten 14 inches of rain and that everything was flooded! My parent's were lucky too, becuase they live on a hill, but what mess! Miss you, love you, and glad that you are ok!!
Post a Comment