Sunday, October 4, 2009

8 months!!

Eight months, really?!!! I still can't believe it! Luke is changing so much every day and becoming more and more of a big boy!

Luke at 8 months:

~He is SO close to crawling! Luke has learned to get on his hands and knees from his belly, and then he does the rocking motions like he's about to take off. Sometimes he'll do one scoot backwards, but not really anything forward. I know one day he's going to take off and never stop! In the meantime, he gets everywhere he wants to go by rolling. As soon as we lay him on the floor, he's rolling, rolling, rolling!
Here's a picture of Luke in the crawling position. After he gets this far, he usually just rolls over or falls to the ground.
I was going through Luke's summer clothes and organizing them today, and I put him on his playmat to play. When I turned around, this is where he had rolled to! He was underneath his crib playing with his old clothes!
~Luke's legs are getting so strong. He likes to stand up all the time now! He stands on the outside of the exersaucer and can hold himself up for a little bit to play with everything.

~He eats baby food twice a day and has a snack in the afternoon. His favorite baby foods are pears, apples, sweet pototoes, and he loves eating his puffs! Luke still nurses every three hours like a clock!
~Luke still gets up once or twice every night to eat and then usually gets up around 6:30 ready to start the day. I'm still waiting for the day that he will sleep through the night... He takes a two hour nap in the morning and then small naps throughout the afternoon and evening. He needs a nap between every feeding or he gets SO grumpy!

~Luke sleeps in his crib now at night and during the day!! I never thought this would happen--he hated taking naps in his crib! He'll cry for a few minutes and then go to sleep! Lately, he's been rolling over to his stomach and sleeping with his little bottom up in the air--it's really cute!
~He still wears all of his 6 month clothes (and even a couple 3 month!), which means I'm having to go buy more clothes for him because I only bought 9m fall clothes! Luke is in Stage 3 diapers.

~Luke loves to laugh, and it is the sweetest sound. He loves to be tickled and sometime when he's super happy Cory and I will just start laughing and that will make him laugh too! We loving having big laughfests with him!
~Luke loves animals! We knew he loved dogs, but we took him to the pet store and he was amazed by everything there. We really need to take him to the aquarium!
~Everything and I mean everything goes into his mouth! He gets so mad at me when I try to read him a book because I don't let him taste every page! We now have books that are for reading and books that are just for tasting. His favorite book to taste is his Skippy John Jones book--not sure why but he really loves this one!
~Luke likes going to the park. Luckily we have have LOTS of great parks near us, so we never get bored!
Hanging out with Daddy at the dog park

~Luke likes going out to eat now because he can sit in a high chair and eat some puffs! And we enjoy eating out so much more than a couple of months ago! Yay!
~He loves sitting straight up in his stroller and taking it all in! And we always attract lots of attention from the ladies--he's been practicing his flirty looks!
~We are so thankful for our sweet little Luke!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Skippjon Jones is a favorite around here, too! The book says he's 'everybody's favorite kitty boy!" We think he's kinda weird :)

Can't wait to see Luke crawling... any day now!

Leigh Anne said...

So cute!! I love hearing what he's doing!