Sunday, April 5, 2009

A busy weekend

Since it was such a beautiful weekend and we can finally take Luke out, we took advantage of it and did lots of fun things! It was another weekend of firsts for Luke. First trip to the mall, first trip to Lowe's with daddy, and first time to church! Here are some pics from the weekend:
The first of many trips to Lowe's with daddy! Luke helped us pick out a new grill cover and some plants for the patio. Yes, I was actually taking pictures inside of Lowe's!


We also got to take Luke to church for the first time today! We really love our church, and I'm so excited that Luke will get to grow up in a church with such an awesome children's ministry. We have already been so showered with love, and Luke is only 8 weeks old! Today our preacher prayed over Luke--I have some pics that I'll try to post later! Luke did a good job during church with the exception of a whole lot of tooting and grunting!!
Me, Luke, April, and Mason

We go to the pediatrician tomorrow for Luke's 2 month appt.! I can't wait to see how much bigger he is! I think he might have doubled his birth weight already! He's really starting to grow out of the newborn clothes that used to hang off of him!

4 comments:

Pauliwog said...

Hey girl!!! So glad to see how much fun little Luke is having with his daddy at Lowe's...nothing like a boy and his tools! :) lol! I cannot believe how big that he is getting! He is going to be bigger than me before I get to see him at this rate!!! :) (I hope not!) I so wish that we got to see you more often...but I guess that I will have to settle for glimpses of him from your blog for now! I am so glad that your church is so dedicated to teaching little ones about God!!! That is SO important!!! I think that it is funny that you take pictures in Lowes...because I would do the same thing....although, I do get kinda embarrassed about pulling my camera out in all of these random places...i.e. garage sales...people give you the craziest looks! :) lol...what's a little embarrassment compared to the lasting memory of the pictures?! :) Well, love you girl! give Luke a hug and kiss from his "Auntie Paula"!

Pauliwog said...

thank you for all of the ideas for wedding gifts! I like them all!!! :) Love you, girl!! :)

Kristin said...

It was good seeing you guys at church! Luke is growing so fast! Sorry we missed last night. I'm feeling much better :)

Blessed said...

So adorable! I love Luke's outfit for his baby blessing. So sweet.

I am glad yall had a fun weekend just hanging out together. Love the pics of Cory at Lowe's.