Tuesday, March 31, 2009

14 new friends!




Now that Luke is eight weeks old, we are able to take him out more! So today I took Luke to my school to meet some of my teacher friends and of course my class! Throughout the whole pregnancy, my class was SO excited about "Baby Luke"! Every day they would tell me how much they loved baby Luke and how they couldn't wait to meet him. They would watch my belly move when Luke gave me those really big kicks, and they even drew pictures of what they thought Luke would look like.

So when I actually brought "Baby Luke" in today for them to meet, they were in awe of him! I haven't seen my students in two months so when I walked through the door they all started telling me eveything they'd been wanting to tell me in true Kindergarten fashion--"I got a new belt!" and "Look at my new shoes!" and "Mrs. Brostowicz, I lost a tooth!". Gotta love 5 year olds! They also had lots of funny things to say about Luke. All of them kept repeating, "Oh, he's so cuuuuuute!" and one little girl said, "Oh, he's sooooo white!" I of course had to bust out laughing--I guess some of them haven't seen that many white babies up close and personal! But they talked about his little fingers and the "blue lines on his head" (veins). And they were dying to show him the Tooty Ta (all you Kindergarten teachers out there know what I'm talking about!). Oh, and as I was leaving one of them yelled out, "Mrs. Brostowicz, you have your ankles back!" (My feet were so swollen those last couple of weeks at school, so you couldn't see my ankles anymore. When I left, I told them the next time they see me I wouldn't have a big belly and I would have my ankles back!). So we all got excited together about being able to see my ankles! It was such a fun afternoon and I loved getting to spend a few hours with my sweet kindergarteners!!

I'm loving the expression on my face in the picture--can you tell I'm trying to get them excited about something?! Believe me, it works!

5 comments:

Blessed said...

I love this! I love that they thought he was "so white!" Hilarious!

I can't make the second picture larger, so I can't see your face. Boo. But, I love the first pic.

Glad you had fun!

Leigh Anne said...

That is oh, so funny and cute!

The Kinards said...

Awww....that is too funny! I love kids and their innocence! Do you miss teaching?

Angela said...

How sweet! I love how it looks like they're all gathered for storytime, just staring at cute little Luke!

Beth said...

Those kids are paying the most attention- and being so good! I love the ankles comment. What a light you have been for all these years in that place. I pray you see with your eyes fruit in this lifetime from all that labor and love for those unique kiddos! And I love your thankful Thursdays- keep them up! Love ya!