Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Road Trip!

Brooke, Carrie, Colt, me, April, and Mason


This weekend I headed to Memphis for a girl's weekend to visit one of my best friends, Carrie. The four of us had the best time eating, shopping, and catching up!


The best thing that we did was to drive down to Tunica to one of the casinos there (no, we didn't gamble--we had two babies with us!). Paula Deen opened an all you can eat buffet inside the casino, and it was honestly best food I have EVER had in my life! Of course everything was soaked in butter, but that only made it better, right?! On a side note: Cory and I were watching one of her shows, and she was talking about how much butter she uses on everything. She said "My husband says I'm the only person he knows that puts butter on their cereal!"--I believe it!



"Hi Ya'll"


This was the biggest buffet I have ever been to and everything looked so good. So I got little samples of LOTS of things--macaroni, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, sweet potatoes, bar-b-que, chicken and dumplins, cheese biscuits, stuffing, squash casserole (wow, now that I see all that in writing, it looks SO unhealthy! But it was oh so good!). And I'm not even going to tell you all the desserts we tried a sampling of!
Me and Brooke with just a few of the desserts we had!

April and Carrie with "some of their yummy food"!

Even baby Mason loved Paula Deen's!


Me and April in the gift shop--it was a replica of her kitchen!

Leaving the casino with extremely full bellies!!


Mason and Colt
I was so happy to get to spend time with these sweet little boys this past weekend! I can't wait for Baby Luke to meet them!

3 comments:

Blessed said...

Oh, I love this. I need to post really bad. As soon as I get my pics uploaded I will. I love your pictures! It was so fun having you here. I just love when you are able to come visit. I miss you so much! Thanks for the goodies and come back soon!! Love you.

April Kay said...

LOVE THEM! You girls need to email me the pics ASAP!! Wait, Carrie, I hope your front porch one is better than Andrea's! I am still cracking up about it. What is wrong with everyone in that pic? The ones at Paula Deen's are sooo cute! But wait, Mason looks like a little thug in the last one! Thank you. He reminds me of Eminem.

April Kay said...

Mason is doing the funniest things in all of these pics! The one with Paula Deen, he looks like a little robber. Thank you. And his name is "Nason." Bye.