So that is the question of the day from my kindergarteners--"How is the baby going to come out of your belly?" My students are SOOOOOO excited about the baby, but of course they have lots of questions. Some of which, I don't think I should be the one to answer!
So a couple of weeks ago, someone asked how the baby would get out of my belly. And I just said, "Well, the doctor will take the baby out." And that was enough to satisfiy their curiousity.
But today a group of my girls were trying to figure out exactly how the doctor would get the baby out! I just listened to see what they thought, and it was pretty funny! One of my girls said the doctor would just cut my belly off and pull the baby out. And then another one demonstrated how the doctor would "puuuuushhhhhhh" on my belly until he came out. Then they came to the concensus that the doctor was going to cut off my belly. I had to interrupt and tell them that's not exactly how it happened, and luckily they got distracted so we ended the conversation there!
I'll have to think of the other cute things they were saying! But everyday, I hear "Mrs. Brostowicz, I love your baby." and 'I can't wait until the baby comes out." What a sweet age! I love my job!
So I know you really just want to see some pictures, but we have been slacking lately! Maybe tomorrow, I'll get Cory to take a new pic of my belly. But I'll at least post a picture of the fabric that we chose for Luke's baby bedding! I've been looking all over for something that I really loved, and I finally found it!
It's hard to tell from the picture but it's a circus toile in muted primary colors! It's still sweet but not too sweet, and I love the colors! It has coordinating green polka dot fabric and blue gingham. I'll post more pictures of things for baby Luke's nursery once we get it all figured out!
Thanks for checking in with us!


4 comments:
My 1st graders asked lots of questions too!! I told them to talk to their parents about it!! We made a class book about the baby as a keepsake for Marissa. It is entitled, "When Marissa is Born...". Each child had to finish the sentence. It turned out CUTE!! Some were Marissa will be crying when she is born....naked, big, beautiful, zero, bloody....
Little kids are so fun to work with!! Love the bedding
oh that fabric is the cutest! i can't wait to see how you do his nursery! this is such a fun and sweet time...i hope you're enjoying it, and taking it easy! love ya!
Well, the docs DID cut open my belly and pull the baby out, so maybe you could tell the kids that that is one way doctors do it?? Maybe that answer will satisfay them and keep you from having to eventually explain to them that the baby will come out of your thingy! Thank you.
I love the bedding! Cute story! I want belly pics! Or, I guess I can just wait and see you tomorrow!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment