Tuesday, September 30, 2008

We're having a...

It's a boy!!!!

Can you believe it?! I really thought I was having a girl (and so did most of you!) since I've been SO sick! But we are really excited that it's a boy! He already has lots of best friends waiting to meet him--Mason, Colt, Hudson, Evan, and Jake just to name a few!

We went for our appointment yesterday morning. I was a little nervous that maybe the baby wouldn't cooperate, and we wouldn't get to find out what it was. But as soon as the ultrasound person found the baby, we saw those legs spread wide open showing off his little winky! It was obvious before the nurse could even saw anything! It was like he was saying, "Look mommy and daddy, I'm a boy!" And then we saw him reach down and grab his winky--well that's what it looked like on the ultrasound at least! That's a boy for you! So we got to watch him for a long time--it was just amazing! Cory was beaming from ear to ear!! He still is! The baby was a little wiggle worm in my belly--the nurse tried for the longest time to catch him being still so she could measure his heart rate, but he just wanted to move! He waved those little hands at us--too cute! It was just so neat how we could see his little fingers and all the little toes on his foot.


The proud papa! Here's Cory showing off the picture of the baby's boy parts.

But everything looked healthy and normal with me and the baby--that was definitely an answered prayer!

And his name is going to be Luke Andrew Brostowicz! We had to pick an easy first name since our last name is so hard--that's the kindergarten teacher in me thinking about teaching Luke to spell our last name!! And Andrew is a family name in both our families (my grandpa's name, my dad's middle name, and Cory's little brother's name).


Cory with all the ultrasound pics. I love the diagrams of all the female reproductive organs next to him!

Me with baby Luke! I think he looks just like me!!
You can kinda see his eyes and face in that picture!

I am going to post the ultrasound pics as soon as we can get our scanner to work! And I'll post a 21 week belly pic--it's getting BIG! And man, are my ligaments stretching-ouch!

Hugs from Andrea and baby Luke!!

7 comments:

jenni said...

oh, congrats!!! you are going to be the best mom!! we can't wait to meet baby luke! jake & evan can teach him all things boy!

love you!

Blessed said...

Colt can't wait either. We already love you a ton, Luke! :)

The Spaulding Family said...

Congrats!!! I was so WRONG! Don't take me to Vegas! Whoo-HOO!! I am so excited for you ad Corey. This is an amazing time in y'alls' life. It's all about the blue--and I LOVE THE NAME LUKE. Many BLESSINGS & LOVE from your little friend in Texas!!!--Rayne

Erica Simpson said...

Hi Baby Luke!

I love it!

What a blessing-congratulations!

Erica

Sherri said...

Congratulations Mommy & Daddy! Luke is going to be so blessed!
Love his name!
Sherri

maggie and michael said...

Congratulations! I've been checking all week to see what you were having! Love the name too.

Tamara said...

COngratulations on having a boy!!!!

Tamara