36 weeks!
I was officially 36 weeks yesterday but I wanted to wait until after my appointment today to post anything. It's so hard to believe that Cate will be here in less than 3 weeks! While on one hand it seems like I've been pregnant forever, it also seems like this pregnancy has gone by faster than Luke's.
I had a growth ultrasound today to see how big Cate is, and baby girl is definitely going to be bigger than her brother was! Cate weighed a whopping 6 lbs 8 oz!! (There is a margin of error of a pound which seems like a lot, but at least we know she'll be a normal sized baby.) She was in the 68th percentile for weight! Wow!! We could see her chubby cheeks on the ultrasound, and even though it's hard to tell on those things, I think she looked just like Luke! And just like her brother, Cate is already down LOW in my belly. Thankfully, I'm not feeling all the pressure that I felt with Luke, but I think it's because I don't have to be on my feet all day.
We're still working on getting her nursery ready for her. We were finally able to paint her room, and my dad painted Luke's crib white for her. I think we'll get almost everything else done this weekend! I still need to wash some of her clothes and get those organized. But I did partially pack my hospital bag which felt a little surreal!
Luke still talks about sissy all the time, and he's enjoying playing with all the baby swings and toys we've been getting out. I think he's ready to be a big brother. The other day, our dog started crying, so I asked Luke what was wrong with Ralph. And Luke's response was, "He needs a paci." Cate is going to have to like pacis because I have a feeling Luke is going to keep one in her mouth!
The countdown is on, and we can't wait to meet our sweet baby girl!


1 comment:
oooh, I can't wait to see if Cate looks like Luke! Hopefully she'll look a little like her Momma, too!
Post a Comment