Friday, January 7, 2011

23 months

Seriously?!  My baby boy is turning 2 in a month!  I haven't done one of these in awhile, but I know I'll want to remember what he was like at this stage so here goes!
At 23 months:

~Luke is talking SO much now!  Everyday we look at each other and say, "did he really just say that?!".  It's so fun to hear what will come out of his mouth next!  He repeats lots and lots of words, and he says quite a few sentences.  He still does his "I see...." with whatever he sees.  And he says "There's a ....."  or "It's a ....."  with things he sees too. 

~He's a super polite baby boy.  He knows how to say "excuse me" in the appropriate setting.  If anyone is in his way, he'll say "s'cuse me" and then barrel on through.  But at least he says it!  He also says "please" for everything.  "more please", "juice please", "cheese please", but I think his favorite one is "treat please"!  It's really hard to not give him a treat when he says that!  Usually a treat refers to a "m&m" that Santa gave him in his stocking. 

~He loves to play our simplified version of "I spy" in the car.  Luke loves school buses for some reason.  All of the sudden one day, we passed one, and he started yelling "a bus! I see a bus! There's a bus!"  So when we're driving we always look for buses, cows and horses.  He loves telling us what he sees! 

~He's working hard on learning his numbers, letters and colors.  His favorite number is "two". His favorite letter is "Tt", and his favorite color is black.  Whenever we're coloring or painting, he only wants "black" which makes for some beautiful pictures!  :)  He loves for me to paint a rainbow (or as he calls it, 'mombow" not sure where that came from. Those "r's" are hard to say at this age!)  and then he loves to mix all the colors of the "mombow" together. 

~Luke loves to give out hugs--mostly to our guy friends.  He'll run up to guys and just hug their legs.  It's super cute.  He also just learned to tickle which is probably the funniest thing he's doing right now!  He run up to someone and say "tickle tickle tickle" and try to tickle them.  love love love him. 

~He's still quite the snuggler even though he's super active.  He loves good hugs, and loves "family hugs" where all three of us hug at the same time.  He really loves to cuddle after naps.  It's my favorite time of day.    But he'll run up to me in the middle of playing and say "momma" in the sweetest voice and give me the biggest hug.  He always knows exactly when I need one!

~Luke's favorite toys right now are balls, trains, and cars.  He's kinda obsessed with trains actually.  At school, his teachers say he loves playing with the baby dolls.  He loves to feed the dolls bottles, stroll them around, and cover them up with blankets.  How sweet is that! 

~He's still wearing 18-24m clothes.  He can still wear 18m pants, but most of his shirts are 24m.  We have some 2T stuff for him, but most of it is way too big. 

~Luke is still a little picky about food.  Some things he loves and we can't get it to him fast enough.  And other things, he won't touch.  His favorite foods are pizza, pasta, and anything mexican.  He has a high tolerance for spicy foods--he prefers to eat salsa with a spoon!  Or he just licks it off the nacho--serious double dipper here!  He's shocked quite a few people by how much salsa he can eat without it affecting him!

~His favorite tv show is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He calls Mickey, "bock" because of these little singing mickey mouse ornaments we had.  They didn't sing actual words, they sang the Christmas song using "bocks" instead--'bock bock bock" So he would point at the ornament and say "bock" whenever he wanted to hear Mickey sing.  So that just stuck. 

~He tells us when he has a poopie or a pee-pee--"I have poopie" or "I have peepee".  He started doing this about a month ago when he had a bad diaper rash so he would grab his diaper and tell us what he had.  When we ask him if he needs a new diaper, he always says "no" though.  He still hates to stop playing to get a fresh diaper. 

~He really likes going to preschool and it's been a blessing for both of us.  I need a break to have some 'me-time" and he gets to play with new friends, new toys, and learn new things!  His teachers write on his folder each time that he's such a 'sweetheart' which of course makes my heart happy.  He even has a best friend at school--Landon.  His teachers say the two of them play together all the time which also makes me so happy that he's making friends on his own!

~Although he's definitely more challenging at this age, and he likes to show his temper and will, he's so much fun!  Everyday, we just laugh and laugh at the things he does and says.  There are days when I want to pull my hair out from frustration at his little mischievious, extremely curious self, but I wouldn't trade this age for anything! 

1 comment:

Blessed said...

I loved reading about sweet Luke! He is growing too fast for me and I know you too. Slow it down, Luke!!!