Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The last of the Charleston pics!

Our last day in Charleston was a little rainy, but fortunately the rain stayed away from everywhere that we were! The plus side to that was that it cooled off the city! So we took advantage of the cooler weather and did lots and lots of walking!
We headed to Folly Beach that morning. Neither of us had been there before so we wanted to check it out.

Waiting so patiently for his sunscreen

"hurry up mommy! I want to play!"


Finding his first shell!
This picture makes me smile. I was trying so hard to get him to smile and look in my direction, but he just wouldn't do it. Then a sweet little lady walked by and started talking to him, and boy did Luke turn on the charm! He smiled at her and giggled. It was pretty funny! So Luke is smiling at a sweet lady in this pic--not at me or Cory!

And that afternoon we did TONS of walking around Charleston! Luke didn't seem to mind being in the stroller either--I guess there was enough stuff to look at!
Luke was on the hunt for birds--and horses!
And this was his face whenever he saw the horse carriages. These carriages are all over the city giving tours, and everytime we would pass one, Luke would squeal and yell to the horses. Everyone in the carriages thought he was the funniest thing!



Every time we go to Charleston we always stop at this little park right in the middle of downtown Charleston. I can't even remember the name of it, but it is the most peaceful place! Luke loved splashing in the puddles and picking the flowers.




2 comments:

The Kinards said...

Love the rest of your pics! Did you like Folly? Wondering which beach you liked better? I was a Folly girl, but its different from Sullivans! Hope you guys are doing well!

andreabrosto said...

Amy, they were just completely different beaches. I think we liked the fact that sullivan's has less people and it seems to be mostly locals. Folly seemed more touristy and not quite as clean--Luke was picking up cigarette butts on the beach, and that pretty much disgusted me! But there was a lot of fun people-watching on Folly!