Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day Four: More Charleston!

Wednesday morning, we headed down to The Battery to try to get some good pics of the three of us, but it was entirely too hot and too sunny! So we didn't stay very long. The houses along the Battery are absolutely amazing--one of my favorite parts of Charleston!


Later in the day, Luke and I met friends at the Lowcountry Children's Museum while Cory had lunch with an old friend from high school. The museum was really neat and had different themed rooms for the kids to play in. Luke had a lot of fun and was worn out when we left!

Luke with Amy and Marissa

I 'met' Amy through the blogging world a couple of years ago--I think it was before either of us had babies actually! Amy's husband is in Iraq right now--they are such an amazing family, and I'm so thankful for the sacrafices they make everyday for our country. You can check out her blog (Amy K in my blog list) for their story!


Luke and Marissa had lots of fun playing together. He even wanted to hold her hand before we left! And she shared her snack with him which has now become his new favorite snack--yogurt covered raisins!

I had to steal some of Amy's pictures off her blog--they were way better than mine! Thanks Amy!

Shopping for food in the "Publix" room!

Yum... Tasting a fried chicken...
Definitely a Southern boy! Except he only likes the plastic chicken...
And he needed to sample the bread... And the cucumber...
So I think Luke was a little confused by the plastic food!


Marissa and Luke sharing the shopping cart (or as Amy says, the 'buggy'!)
Luke thought all the bread needed to be moved to the refridgerator--this child loves finding new homes for things!
Luke and Marissa going down the super fast slide in the huge tree!



Attempt at a picture of the four of us! I love me and Amy's faces--can you tell we were trying to get the babies to look at the camera??
Amy, I'm so glad it worked out for us to get together! We had so much fun!

That night we headed back to the beach!

Future surfer??


2 comments:

The Kinards said...

Love all the pictures! I look ridiculous in the group shot!! It was a great time at the museum and I hope you guys are rested up after your fun trip! Let me know when you come back ;)

Sherri said...

Loving all your Charleston pictures! We usually go several times a year and it's making me miss it really bad!! lol Glad Luke loved it all !!!