I was inspired by April to take some pictures of my favorite Christmas ornaments and decorations to share with everyone. I absolutely love collecting ornaments especially when they have a special meaning. Cory and I both have ornaments from our childhood hanging on our tree so that makes it even more special. And I can't wait to hang Luke's hand-made ornaments all over our tree in the coming years! It was really hard to pick just a few ornaments that I love--but here are some that make me smile as soon as I pull them out of the box!
New this year (and I know it's going to be a personal fave for years to come!) Luke's handprint!
We got this ornament on our honeymoon in New York. Cory and I always get an ornament from every place we go--I love it!
We got this little pregnant girl ornament when we were in Charleston last summer (I had just found out we were pregnant!). I told the woman that owned the little store the news (I think she may have been the very first person we told actually!) and she found this ornament for me and even gave me a discount because she was SO excited!
Okay, these two ornaments are also my VERY favorite! How cute are we??!! I think we're both four years old in these pics! Do you think Luke looks like us?
I love the story behind this one! This is Cory's Baby's First Christmas ornament that someone got his parents before he was born, BUT Cory was born later than expected on December 29th! So he didn't quite make it for Christmas 1980! So we have another Baby's First Christmas from 1981!
My mom made this little mouse thumb print ornament with me when I was one. As a child, I always loved looking at this one! We're going to make one like this with Luke this year.
A smocked ornament!!
New this year (and I know it's going to be a personal fave for years to come!) Luke's handprint!
We got this ornament on our honeymoon in New York. Cory and I always get an ornament from every place we go--I love it!
We got this little pregnant girl ornament when we were in Charleston last summer (I had just found out we were pregnant!). I told the woman that owned the little store the news (I think she may have been the very first person we told actually!) and she found this ornament for me and even gave me a discount because she was SO excited!
Okay, these two ornaments are also my VERY favorite! How cute are we??!! I think we're both four years old in these pics! Do you think Luke looks like us?
I love the story behind this one! This is Cory's Baby's First Christmas ornament that someone got his parents before he was born, BUT Cory was born later than expected on December 29th! So he didn't quite make it for Christmas 1980! So we have another Baby's First Christmas from 1981!
My mom made this little mouse thumb print ornament with me when I was one. As a child, I always loved looking at this one! We're going to make one like this with Luke this year.
A smocked ornament!!My mom smocked SO many dresses for me when I was little--I think I wore one every day until I was five! She even made some smocked ornaments! Aren't they the prettiest things? I have a few ornaments on my tree that my mom made when I was little--they are just so special to me. Ilove having a little piece of her with me.




3 comments:
I like your ornaments! What a good post. =)
I love seeing all of your ornaments! And that is a great idea to string all of your Christmas cards- I just have a big pile!
I love how you did your cards on the piano! I have my card tree, but they are all old cards and I needed a new idea for the NEW cards this year!
I love your mom's smocked ornaments. How beautiful and special. Do you save the dresses she smocked for you? How special would those be to pass along? :)
Post a Comment