Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Luke at two months

I'm a few days late posting this, but I wanted to do it anyway so I can remember what Luke was doing at 2 months.

At two months:

~Luke just recently started to smile big smiles. Before he would just grin, but now he SMILES! He has even started to make noises that sound like he he's giggling! It's the best sound in the world!

~Luke has really started to notice us and his surroundings. He stares right at us when we hold him and watches our mouths so closely. Today, I would open my mouth and say "ahhhhhhhhhhh" and he would just stare at my mouth and then open his up too! We played this game for forever and then had to show daddy when he got home! We got him a new playmat today so he has LOTS of things to look at on this thing!

~Luke is starting to 'talk' a lot more--especially in the morning and when we change his diaper!

~During the day, Luke eats every 3 hours like clockwork. At night, he usually gives us (well, me!) a good four to five hours between feedings.

~Luke loves sleeping in his cradle swing and hates his crib. He will fall asleep the second I put him in the swing. If I want him to sleep in the crib, I have to rock him to sleep and then ever so carefully put him in the crib. But somehow he always knows he's in the crib and wakes up crying--like he's so mad we put him in there!


Luke in his favorite swing! All of these star shaped lights float around him--he loves watching them!




~Luke doesn't really care about his soothie (paci) anymore. He used to like it when he was really tired, but now he doesn't want it at all.

~Lukes LOVES to be held more than anything in the world. He's a snuggler for sure. He gets mad if we leave him in his swing too long (too long for him is about 5 minutes!). But I am thankful for the snuggle time--I know there will be a time all too soon when he doesn't want to snuggle anymore.

~Luke is finally outgrowing his newborn clothes. How sad... They used to hang off of him, and we would have to roll up the feet and arms. But now those clothes are snug. Luke has also outgrown the newborn Swaddlers. He's moved on to Stage 1! What a big boy!

~Luke is the sweetest baby, and we are in awe of him everyday. I love watching him as he changes and grows. I can't believe how fast it's all going. He's not my little five pound baby anymore! We're just so in love with him!

No comments: