Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I think I feel the baby kicking!!

So I really think I feel the baby kicking now, but I feel so many different things happening in my belly that I just don't know what's what! And by the way, stay tuned for my 18 week belly pic because my belly has grown so much in just a few days!
But back to my original question--what did it feel like when the baby was kicking?! I've read that it will feel like popcorn popping or butterflies fluttering--and I can't really say that I feel any of that!

5 comments:

Shane, Natalie, Madelyn & Murphy said...

I LOVED that feeling and miss it VERY much! It was my favorite part of being pregnant. I felt Madelyn at 16 wks and 2 days. So you may very well be feeling the baby!

The Kinards said...

Isn't it such an amazing feeling?!! I miss it!! I think it feels like a fish swimming around....just wait until it gets bigger and kicks so hard you can see it through your shirt!! My students always loved to watch her kick and move!! Enjoy these special moments with your baby!!
Amy

April Kay said...

I didn't feel little Mason until I was 22 weeks!! You will just kinda know when it's the baby really kicking. But girl, get ready!! Those little feet of Baby Brosto are gonna keep a' kickin' until he or she is born!! It's just gonna get more prominent!! But, I LOVED it! Yes, it keeps you from sleeping at night and will knock the breath out of you while you're sitting in the middle of church, but it is the neatest feeling in the world! You will never forget that your baby is with you ALL the time everywhere you go! It can't get any better than that! :) (Go ahead and have Cory put his hand on the belly where the baby kicks, and the baby may start to respond to Cory's touch! Mason LOVED it when Marc put his hand on my belly and went crazy everytime he felt his daddy!)

Blessed said...

So exciting! I didn't feel Colt till about 22 weeks also. It was so neat. It started off as a tickle, but by the time Colt was almost 10 lbs, it was crazy!!!!! But, it was always so amazing.

love you. call me.

jenni said...

i felt jake at 18 weeks & evan at 12 weeks (that's really early but i knew what it felt like from jake!). i felt it was easier in the early stages to lay flat with a pillow under my lower back to stretch out as much as possible & then i could feel the flutters!! it was like someone was tapping me lightly with their fingertips!! it's always such an amazing thing--i do miss that! wait until closer to the end of the pregnancy--it gets wild!!!

call me & let me know about ordering--if you don't have time, that's fine, we just need time to look for something else for her!!!
love you!