We had an unusually cool June day last week so we headed to the zoo. It was the best day to go too! No one was there, and it felt great!
Luke checking out the Clouded Leopard
It must have been feeding time for the leopards because the two of them were staring Luke down. If they could have gotten through that glass, I think they would have. It was actually a little scary how intently they were looking at him. We got out of there pretty quickly!
There's a really interesting dinosaur exhibit at our zoo right now. The dinosaurs are very realistic--they move (even their eyes!) and make noises, and they are the size of the real dinosaur. I had originally said I wouldn't take Luke to see them because I knew he would be afraid, but he was asking to see them so I caved in. You walk down a trail through the woods and come across the dinosaurs doing different things. Luke was very brave when we came to each new dinosaur, but we had to walk past the scary ones pretty quickly. The only part he when he was really afraid was at the very end where we had to walk past a HUGE T-Rex. Luke hid in the stroller. When we left the exhibit, I asked him if he liked it, and he said it was pretty scary. But he hasn't talked about it since so it didn't do any long term damage. ha!
Watching some baby dinosaurs hatch from their eggs
Luke's favorite zoo treat is popcorn and a "red drink" aka an Icee, and he talks about them nonstop until we buy some. He settled for just getting popcorn since it was so cold.
And sweet Cate Cate was so tired that she fell asleep in the stroller and she never does that anymore!
Since Cate was sleeping, Luke and I stopped at a bench to watch the monkeys and share some popcorn. Probably our favorite part of the day!









No comments:
Post a Comment