Luke talks about his best friends all the time. All the time. He has such a sweet, caring heart that I love to hear him talk about who he likes and why. In the past whenever we would ask who his best friend was, Luke would always say Ralph, our dog, which is pretty funny because Ralph doesn't really want anything to do with Luke. Sometimes Luke will say that daddy is his best friend, which makes Cory so happy since Luke has always been a mama's boy. And if I ask if I'm his best friend, he always says no. Ha! One day I told him that he was my best friend, and he got mad at me and said "No mommy, I'm not your best friend. Daddy is your best friend." Pretty sweet too.
Lately he's been saying "Cooke and Landon and Madison are allllllllllllll my best friends". And they are. He always wants to invite 'Cooke and Landon and Madison' to our house to play with his toys, play on his "playground"/slide, or swim in our kiddie pool. And he always adds "I'm going to share my toys with them" because he went through a hard phase where he didn't want to share and we had lots of conversations about sharing. He probably asks me three times a day if his three best friends can come to his house to play. Or if we go somewhere, he'll always ask if Cooke, Landon, and Madison will be there. It so sweet to hear him talk about his friends and to know that his friends like him just as much. Cooke and Madison have been his friends since birth practically so it's been fun to see them grow up together, and Landon has been his best friend at preschool. Madison even says that she's going to marry Luke! I'm so thankful for all the friendships in our lives--especially Luke's three year old friendships!


No comments:
Post a Comment