A few weeks ago, I took the kiddos to the local art museum. Since Luke loves art projects, I knew it would be something he'd enjoy. The downstairs is a wonderful art museum, and upstairs they have a kids' section where kids can experiment with all different kinds of art forms. It was a little more structured than I would have liked, but Luke still had fun drawing, painting, and making collages. He even made an animated video! Really neat! I think we'll wait a year or two before we go back so he can really do it all.
Luke's favorite art medium seems to be painting!
Ah, my little Picasso...
There was a mannequin that the kids were supposed to draw. Luke looked at it and said "Mommy, that man don't have any clothes on it". Welcome to the art world, Luke. Thankfully, the mannequin was neither male or female--just a person--so we didn't have to have an anatomy discussion that I wasn't prepared to have. Ha!
Drawing a "still life" object and experimenting with light.
He did learn to properly use scissors while we were there so that was pretty great!
Cate was content to sit and watch Luke while she ate puffs. All the ladies that worked there kept talking to her and were very impressed with how content she was in that stroller. And thankfully she had just learned to hold her own bottle.
It was a fun day, and we came home with some really neat projects to display!


No comments:
Post a Comment