Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas ornaments

This week, Luke and I made some ornaments to hang on the tree.  We made the dough (4 cups of flour, 1 cup salt, and a cup and a half of water), rolled it out, cut it with cookie cutters, and then baked them.
 Luke's job was to pour everything in the bowl.  Can you tell that he loved it??   This was definitely a messy project but so much fun!
 He helped me mix and knead the dough.  And then he decided to get a pair of thongs and pick up the dough and put it in his cup.  Big mess, but really good for his fine motor skills and hand/eye coordination!  So I didn't complain!

He really loved rolling the dough out.  And he did a really good job too!
 Cutting the dough
 Ready for the oven
 Waiting is the hardest part!
We baked them for an hour to get them nice and hard.  And Luke was really confused why we couldn't eat them when they were done!
And finally Luke painted them! 
We need to drill holes in them for the ribbon, and then they will be ready for the tree!
I'm sure we'll be doing this again next year!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

This is a great idea! I think Jackson and I need to try this over the weekend. He loves Play-doh so this should be right up his alley! We are also going to copy your bath time fun too, what a great idea. Well, we are off to the store to get some food coloring. Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!