Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My newest obsession is pinterest.  If you are the least bit crafty, you will love all the fun ideas all in one place!  While it has wasted hours of my time in the past two weeks since I joined, it has inspired me to sew some curtains, find a creative way to display Luke's artwork, make some cute headbands for Cate, AND make this sign for Luke's playroom!
 I saw this sign and thought that it describes Luke perfectly, so we recreated it!  We got a canvas, and I put letter stickers on it and let Luke paint the canvas (painting over the letter stickers).  Then once it was dry, I pulled the stickers off, and voila!  I put a collection of frames on the wall to display his artwork, and this canvas is in the middle.  And I love it!  And he's pretty proud of our creation too!
 And I couldn't leave sweet girl out...
Cate was very helpful tonight as we were hanging up the frames and artwork.  She's going through a phase where she wants to be held ALL the time.  It's a little hard to do with Luke needing so much attention so sometimes she just has to cry for a little bit.  But I'm glad she likes to cuddle so much--I'm try to savor it and enjoy all the time I get to hold her.  I'm realizing more quickly how fast they grow and change and how each stage only lasts for a little while.  Although as busy as Luke is, he still likes to sit with me on the couch and snuggle and hold my hand.  It's one of my favorite parts of the day.  

2 comments:

Erik Peterson said...

That sign is really cute!! It finally sold me and now I'm waiting on an invitation to join Pinterest.

Erik Peterson said...

haha... this is from Angela, Erik is most definitely NOT joining Pinterest!