Cate Emery is here!!
Our little Cate decided to come a week before my schedule c-section so she came at 38 weeks. I was just telling Cory earlier that weekend that I was fine with her coming early because I was getting tired of all my pregnancy side effects--until this past weekend we had SO much going on that I really didn't want to come any earlier. But thankfully we got everything done that needed to be done before she came!
I had been having contractions all week long so I kind of had a feeling she would come sooner than later. I never had contractions with Luke, and I can honestly say I didn't enjoy them! Sunday night/Monday morning around 2am, I got up to go to the bathroom, and Luke just happened to crawl into our bed at that same time. So I laid back in bed, and all of the sudden I felt my water break! I woke up Cory and the mad dash to get our hospital bags packed began! We had to wait for my parents to come over to be with Luke, and I didn't actually start having contractions until we left for the hospital. Thankfully they weren't bad and were still 10 minutes apart.
When we got to the hospital, we settled into a room and began waiting for the OR to open so we could have the c-section. Surprisingly, I still hadn't dilated at all even though my water broke, but Cate's head was down SOOOO low. I think we waited for about an hour before the nurses started prepping me for surgery. And I stayed calm until we got to the OR where I had a little emotional breakdown--I was really nervous about the c-section. Luke had an emergency c-section that was filled with drama because he had fetal distress and ended up being rushed to the NICU for a short time, so I was worried about something like that happening again. Thankfully this c-section went smoothly--they started at 5:44am, and Cate was out by 5:51am. So even though it seemed like an eternity to me, it was actually really really fast! We could tell right away that she looked just like Luke only chubbier, and that made me the happiest! Cory fell in love with her the second he held her--he was nervous about having a little girl, but now he's completely smitten!
So far she's the easiest little baby! She rarely cries and is just so content! The two things that she doesn't like is having a dirty diaper and being cold but who can blame her! Luke is completely in love with her too. He LOVES holding her and has the biggest smile on his face the whole time. He also has to know where she is at all times and likes to rub her head. I will say that he's still adjusting to sharing all the attention, but hopefully that will get better with time.
Here are some pics from our time in the hospital:
Waiting...
Our first picture of Cate--and she looks JUST like Luke here!
7 lbs 2 oz 19in
| Holding our sweet girl for the first time |
Luke loved going down to the nursery to see all the babies
Checking out baby sister!
My parents with Luke and Cate
Our first picture of our family of four!
Cory's mom with Cate
Uncle Tim and Aunt Heather with sweet Cate
In love!


2 comments:
Congratulations! I am so happy for your family!
She is just perfect! Congratulations to you all!
Post a Comment