Monday, March 21, 2011

16 weeks!

I just realized that I never announced our pregnancy on the blog!  We are excited that baby Brosto #2 will be here at the end of August.  My due date is Sept. 5 (Labor Day), but I'll have a c-section the last week of August. 
We are so thankful for this baby, and can't wait to meet him or her.  We find out what we're having April 19th!  I've been thinking girl all along because this pregnancy has been so different from Luke--I was sick at week 4 which is what prompted me to take the pregnancy test!  And I've been sick ever since--although it seems to be getting better now.  With Luke I was only sick the entire 2nd trimester!  Lukie also thinks he's getting a sister--from the very beginning we would ask, "Luke is it a brother or a sister?" and every single time he says "sisser". 
This is our very first ultrasound at 8 weeks!
Because of some complications I had with Luke (preeclamsia and Luke's low birth weight), this pregnancy is considered high-risk.  At first, I was really worried after talking to my doctor, but I decided after a couple of sleepless nights to give all that over to God. We were blessed with a perfectly healthy baby once, and I know He can do it again.  I would appreciate your prayers for a healthy baby and preeclamsia-free pregnancy too!
My OB doctor is awesome, and she is taking every precaution to try to prevent the preeclamsia and to monitor this baby's growth more closely.  The good news in that is that we'll have ultrasounds every 2-3 weeks starting in a couple of months!  I can't wait to watch this baby grow in the ultrasounds! 
My belly seems to be getting bigger every day so I'll take a belly shot one of these days!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Congratulations!!! What exciting news!!!

Erica Simpson said...

What??? I had no idea! Congratulations!