Today Luke is saying good bye to something very near and dear to him--his paci. I wanted to get rid of it months ago, but he was sick so much last winter and really needed that paci to feel better so now the bond between Luke and his paci is very strong. And I think it might take very ounce of my patience to break this bond. Luke cried/whined for TWO hours before he finally fell asleep during naptime. Seriously, two hours... But I know if we don't do it now, it's only going to be harder. So here's a little walk down memory lane--Luke and his paci.
Job
5 months ago





Trying to prepare for this day...


3 comments:
ahhh, we are going through the same thing right now! You are smart for doing it now b/c it's SO hard the older they get. Walker has paci "buck teeth" and we finally took it away two weeks ago. We told him it was lost and he actually did really well! So much better than I expected. He made it a whole week and then had to be on an antibiotic for a skin infection and it gave him the worst poops and diaper rash that he was screaming in pain so much one night that I just gave it to him. After two days, he is back to wanting it all day long. Someone told me to make sure you completely get all of them out of the house and I wish I would have done that so I wouldn't have been tempted to give it to him. He didn't sleep much at all the week he didn't have it and that was hard! Good LUCK!
Hope it is going well! Sometimes I think it is harder on us than it is on them. :)
Good Luck with that! We took Madelyn's away on her 2nd birthday! Not fun...
Post a Comment