Thursday, March 18, 2010

Road Trip!!

On Tuesday, me, Luke, April, and Mason headed to Memphis for a few days to see Carrie one last time before they move to Louisville. Carrie is also going to have a new baby girl in just a few weeks so we really wanted to see her before her life gets really busy with two little ones! We had SO much fun hanging out with Carrie and Colt. I think Luke had the time of his life. He loved watching Mason and Colt play and thought they were the funniest things. My little guy even started walking even more while we were there!

Mason and Luke loaded up in my car ready for the big trip!

Luke fell asleep pretty quickly and when April and I looked back at the boys this is what we saw! Mason was holding Luke's hand! How sweet is that??!


By the time we got to Memphis it was dinnertime for the boys. Colt provided Mason and Luke with LOTS of entertainment while they ate! And Luke kept reaching over and taking the food right off Mason's tray! Where did he learn to do that!? It was too funny! I eventually had to move him out of reach of mason's tray so Mason could actually eat his food!

Can you see the look on Luke's face? He is laughing SO hard at Colt! Hilarious!

Getting ready for bed


This was our first of many attempts to get a pic of the three boys together. Let's just say that it was impossible... But we got some pretty funny outtakes! And let's also just mention that all three boys were entirely TOO hyper to go to bed. Luke's just kept squealing with excitement!
The next day we had lots of fun things planned--lunch at Paula Deen's restaurant and then the zoo!

Thank goodness for minivans! We fit 3 huge carseats, 3 strollers, 3 adorable boys, and 3 excited mommies in that van!

First stop---Paula Deen's restaurant which happens to be in a casino in Tunica, MS. We got some strange looks as we wheeled our strollers into the casino--one older couple stopped and did a double take actually.

Mason, Luke, and Colt (whose running away from the camera!) with the queen of butter, Paula Deen!

The best part about this restaurant is that it's a buffet--the BIGGEST buffet I've ever seen!

Me and Carrie with my plate of yummies--chicken and dumplins, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, creamed corn, fried green tomatos, green beans, cornbread dressing, and mashed pototoes! Don't worry, I didn't eat all of that! I just had a sample of everything. My absolute favorite things were the sweet potatoes and garlic cheese biscuits--the best I've EVER had!
Check out all that yummy food!!
The boys eating some of their food. Luke got to eat some of Paula's green beans which he really loved!

Stuffed!! This pic was taken AFTER the waiter cleared most of the plates off the table--I think we have about 10 plates and 6 glasses of sweet tea there at one point!

We tried to get a good pic of the boys outside the restaurant. We actually drew a crowd of people that were watching us take this pic (and watching April dance, sing, and jump up and down trying to get the boys to look at the camera!)

Love Lukie's sweet little face in this pic!

April and Mason


After Paula Deen's we headed to the Memphis zoo. I've heard lots of great things about this zoo so I was really excited to see it.

Luke was asleep when we first got there (but I still needed a pic of him in front of the zoo!)


Colt and Luke checking out the giraffes


Group pic!

One of my favorite parts of the zoo was the polar bear exhibit. The polar bear was swimming back and forth in front of the glass so we got to see him up close.

"Oh woooooow"


Luke and Colt looking for the polar bear

The newest part of the zoo is the Yellowstone section with grizzley bears and wolves. The boys posed in front of the geyzers by the Yellowstone Lodge.


And another favorite was the panda bear. We watched him for a long time--and he was SO close to us!

After we got back, the boys wanted to play play play and once again they were way to hyper to go to bed. 'Three little monkeys jumping in the bed..."
That night we gave Carrie a little mini shower for baby Presley. We're throwing her a 'sip and see' in July after Presley gets here and they moved to Louisville, but April and I had some newborn things we just couldn't wait to give her!
And before we left to go home the next day we tried once again to get a good pic of the boys. There were way too many distractions outside to care about a pic--leaves, flowers, ants, etc... You can't say we didn't try though!


Colt and Mason couldn't take their eyes off of this ant!

Three sweet little boys!

Thanks for letting us come and visit Carrie! We had SOOOOO much fun! Can't wait to meet Presley in a few weeks!! Love you!

1 comment:

Blessed said...

I love y'all! I love all of your pictures! I had an absolute blast with you. Wish we could do it like once a month!? :(