Thursday, March 4, 2010

13 months!

My big guy is 13 months today! This past month has flown by!


At 13 months:
~Luke's personality comes out more and more every day! He's turning into such a silly boy--and I LOVE it! He loves making us laugh and knows exactly what to do to make us smile. He really likes putting things on his head--washcloths, blankets, food, the curtain. The past few weeks he's been more timid and a lot more clingy, but that could be because he hasn't felt good.

~He's walking more and more everyday--I think the most steps he's taken at one time is six. He just loves crawling so much! And did I mention he's a super fast crawler? I chase him around all day long. A couple of times, he's gotten into mischief before I could get to him resulting in a broken dog bowl and a particularly gross incident of him playing in the toilet. I don't take my eyes off of him anymore!



~Still not sleeping through the night every night. Most nights, but not every night. I finally decided he's probably going to be like this for many many years and that I better just get used to it. Who really needs sleep anyways...

~He's getting so much better with his stranger anxiety, although he has to get used to people from the comfort of mommy and daddy's arms before he feels completely comfortable.

~ Luke's becoming a picky eater lately--but that could be related to the fact he hasn't felt good. He's a texture person--if it feels weird, he won't eat it. He likes to touch everything and carefully examine it before he puts it in his mouth. His favorite foods right now are sweet potatoes, oranges, pineapple, and cheese. Luke doesn't really like cow's milk right now, but we're still working on it.

~He claps, waves, gives high-fives, points, nods yes and kind of nods no. Oh, and he gives real hugs now--he wraps his arms around our necks and hugs! It's the best feeling. When we show him a picture and ask him where mama and dadda are, he can point to us! Even in a picutre of me with my friends, he pointed right to me! He says mama, dada, baba, hey, mmm for more, and last night he said duck!

~Luke either takes three short naps or two long naps depending on our day. At least he's a good napper!

~He really enjoys music class and the library's story hour. And he doesn't mind a little shopping!

~Luke is a complete joy to our lives and we can't get enough of our sweet boy!

1 comment:

April Kay said...

Oh my gosh, he looks soooo old and big in May May's pjs!! Those were our favorite! I just showed these pics to Marc and he loves them. Luke always has a smile on his face. And look at that big bottle he's drinking!! Remember when you would always talk about how big Mason's bottles were and how much milk was in them? Aww, where are our sweet little baby boys going?? They're growing up WAY too fast!