Sunday, December 6, 2009

Beware: Ugly Christmas Sweaters!!!

Last night, Cory and I went to the Akin's Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! We had a blast and had a lot of good laughs at each others' expense!
It's been a hard week for us and especially difficult for so many people close to us after the passing of such a sweet friend that we were blessed to get to spend time with good friends.
Pre-party
We even put a Christmas sweater on Luke (over his jammies!) for the family picture. He stayed home with Uncle Tim and Aunt Heather--who taught him how to play 'peek-a-boo'! We've hidden and played with him for months, but this time Luke covered up his head and then dropped the blanket all by himself!! (video coming soon!) It's SO cute!

Me and April--Okay, I actually wore this sweater in 8th grade believe it or not. Remember how big we used to wear our clothes back then?? And it's still too big! But I felt good saying I could still fit into something I wore in 8th grade! The sweater actually belonged to my mom so that's the reason I still have it!

Brooke and Johnathan

Jill and Nathan--He wins for the most creative outfit! The only problem was he had to stand by a plug so his pants would light up! Hilarious!

Marc and Cory in their matching sweaters!

Laura, Ricky and little Turner. Ricky won the prize for the ugliest sweater!

All the boys! I love that they all have on turtlenecks!

Group shot! We had more than one person ask if we were seriously wearing these outfits. Hmm...

The girls
What a fun night! Thanks for hosting Johnathan and Brooke! We love you!

2 comments:

Blessed said...

Hilarious! I love it!

Pauliwog said...

Haha!!! That is so funny! I first saw this picture either on Ape's facebook or blog and I remembered that sweater! Miss you friend! I hate that I wasn't at our high school friends Christmas party...the time just didn't work out for us! :( We will be coming home soon though. I think we will be getting home the Tuesday night before Christmas! I would love to see you if possible!