Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer Fun!

We have had such a busy week--full of playdates, music class, library storytime, homemade ice cream, and fireworks! And we've been trying to stay cool in this HOT summer heat. Poor Luke hates being in his carseat on these hot days, and I can't blame him. So we've been trying to go to lots of indoor places so we can stay cool. Luke slept all day today---I think he was trying to recover from the busy week! And trying to recover from the lack of sleep he's gotten at night this week--he's been waking up 5 or 6 times at night for some reason so I'm a very tired mommy to say the least! Here are some fun pictures from the week! The apron says it all! Cory's mom sent this to him for Father's Day!
Luke loves playing in the exersaucer! It keeps him entertained for a LONG time--long enough for me to cook, clean, or eat! It's awesome!
Can't you just see how happy he is?!!!
The giraffe is his favorite toy on the exersaucer--can you guess what he's about to do with it?

Yep, right in the mouth! He puts everything in his mouth these days. But he really loves this giraffe for some reason!


This week we went to a playdate with all the new mom's at our church at the play area in the mall. Luke had fun watching all the older kids play--I know he can't wait to be able to play with them too!Sweet Mason playing in the play areaMelissa and Madison--Don't you just love the headband?!!!

And we just had to try the headband on poor Mason--just for kicks! I love the look on his face--he knew something just wasn't right about it!



Hanging out with April's mom, Kay, and Mason--The boys reached out and were holding hands! This was after Mason grabbed Luke's face in the backseat and made him cry! Lukie got over it and forgave his best friend, Mason!


We also went to Storytime at the library with April, Melissa, and Jenny Beth this week! This story hour was just for babies--the librarian read stories, we sang songs and played instruments (you can see them all over the floor!), and then at the end all the mommies held the parachute over the babies and let them crawl around under it! Luke really loved everything about story hour! He really just loves being around other babies! Luke just smiles and smiles--I love it!

Luke playing his instruments!

Here's all the babies under the parachute! Luke didn't get to participate in this part. He decided he would rather eat! Maybe next time!


Tonight we went to the Summer Celebration at our church. We had homemade ice cream and cookies, listened to a band play, hung out with friends, and watched fireworks. It was such a fun night! I wasn't sure how the Lukester would respond to the fireworks, but he LOVED them! We ended up going and sitting in our car because it was just too loud for him, but we had a great view of the fireworks. Luke just watched in amazement. For some of the fireworks, he would open his mouth really big and for others he would just smile. It was priceless!


I love Luke's face in this picture! It was right before he fell asleep. He was a very tired baby!Cory enjoying some homemade snickers ice cream! Yum-O! Notice the very sleepy baby in Cory's lap! Luke was worn out from the excitement and just fell right to sleep!

3 comments:

Pauliwog said...

t a fun filled week!! Luke is TOO cute! ...and that picture of mason with the headband cracked me up! :) lol!! Love ya! Hope that you have a wonderful week this week!

Blessed said...

You've been super busy! But, it all looks fun and it looks like you are really enjoying being a mommy! I knew you'd love it and be awesome! Luke is a lucky little boy!

I love his chubby cheeks! :)

Sherri said...

Luke is just precious!! I love the one where he is smiling all over himself! So beautiful!