Monday, April 27, 2009

The big 3-0

On Friday, I left my twenties behind and turned 30! I really can't believe that I'm 30! Crazy! We had a fun weekend to celebrate! Friday morning, Cory went in late to work so we could go have breakfast together. We went to this yummy country cookin' restaurant--it was so good and so bad for us at the same time!


Then me and Luke hung out for the rest of the day. He was talking SO much--more than he has ever talked before. It was fun to listen to his different sounds and have 'conversations' with him! And for an extra special birthday present from Luke, he peed and pooped all over me--two separate times! So after the 3rd outfit change for both of us, I decided to get rid of the Huggies diapers we were using and go back to the ever faithful Swaddlers! That night, Cory cooked a yummy dinner for us!

Saturday night, my parents babysat Luke so we could go on a date! It was our first time away from Luke since he was born! It was so nice to eat without worrying about if Luke was going to start crying or needed to be fed, but we ended up coming back early so we could hang out with my family and Luke!


Then on Sunday, we took Luke to the zoo again! Cory hadn't been to the zoo in a really long time so he was excited about going with Luke! We went right before it closed so there weren't very many people there. Luke fell asleep as soon as we got there. Once he woke up, we got him out of the stroller and put him in the snugli carrier. Luke really loved being able to see everything and of course be carried around! He loves to be held more than anything in the world, so the snugli was great!Someone was getting very tired!! Or maybe he was just mad Cory stopped walking because he stopped crying as soon as we started walking again!!Here's a good picture of Luke's crazy hair! Short on top, party in the back! He is getting more hair on the top of his head I will say in his defense, but you just can't see it very well!


Luke got super tired right as we were leaving. He cried the whole way home! I fed him, and we both went to sleep! It was a long day! Breaking news!!! Luke slept 8 1/2 hours!!! I even tried to wake him up halfway through that to eat, but he wasn't having it! So I think I got a good 7 hours of sleep! That's the most sleep I've gotten at one time in 2 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days! Not sure if it will happen again, but I'm praying it will! It was a GREAT weekend!

6 comments:

The Kinards said...

Happy B-day! Never thought you were 30....more like 25! Congrats to Luke for sleeping all night! Have you shipped my order yet? Can't wait to see it!

Blessed said...

Cute pics! I am glad you were able to go to dinner...just the two of you! :)

You look cute in all the pics! And, Luke is just precious. Wish I could see him more often!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day, Good for Luke sleeping so long!!!

April Kay said...

Aww, see Luke is the perfect size for the snugli! He will grow to love it!! Can't wait for a zoo day soon! I want me some Sweet Tea Diner, too! For some reason I just love the atmosphere of that place. It makes me the happiest. Love you.

Leigh Anne said...

Happy belated birthday!! Luke sleeping was the best present he could have given you, right? Sweet little boys, always thinking of their Mommy!

Kristin said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope Luke continues to sleep in long stretches for you.